Thursday 22 July 2010

Life Loves The Liver Of It

Today I received an email from my good friend Sarah, one of those group emails that you send to all the lovely girls in your address book with words of wisdom and inspiration which you have to send on to ten of your closes girlfriends in the next thirty seconds or (in this case) your knicker elastic will break. I never forward these emails on and I didn't, but I did really liked the inspirational quotes in this one.


The quotes were writen by Maya Angelou, who up until today I was embarassingly unaware of. After reading the quotes in the email I Googled her immediately and found out that she is celebrated for being a poet, memoirist, novelist, educator, dramatist, producer, actress, historian, filmmaker and civil rights activist, with quite a history!


Here are some of my favourite quotes of hers;

I've learned that you can tell a lot about a person by the way he/she handles
these things: a rainy day, lost luggage and tangled Christmas tree lights.

If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your
attitude.

People will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but
people will never forget how you made them feel.

All great achievements require time.

Life loves the liver of it!

0 comments:

Post a Comment