Friday 1 October 2010

Alzheimers Society

This morning I decided to stop by Hobbycraft on my way to the Arts & Craft session at the Alzheimer's Society, as I've come to the conclusion that my knitting is taking way too long and I would never have this scarf finished in time to make it onto the charity craft stall at Christmas. So I thought I'd try my hand at cross stitch. I found five small designs with a Christmas theme which once completed I can make into Christmas cards... much better idea, much quicker and will help raise money for the Society.

However, having never done cross stitch before, I took my time getting up to speed with it, also having chosen such tiny designs, thinking smaller would be easier, I actually made it a little harder on myself as they are so fiddly!! I perservered and got to grips with it by the end of the session and then spent the afternoon at home (nearly) finishing the first one. They are a little cheesy and I feel like such an old lady doing embroidery but hey, it's for charity!

0 comments:

Post a Comment