Sunday 22 August 2010

Dog Induction...

Last Sunday, unlike most of my Sundays, I was up early and ready and waiting for my dog induction at Hula by 11am!

I totally love Hula, it's in the middle of Aspley Guise, which is beautiful in itself and only a couple of miles from where I live, it's set up on a large farm and has been there since 1972. Since opening they have re homed 31,000 animals, one of which was to me, my cat Tommy!

On Sunday the sun was out and everything look beautiful and summery. I was so excited just to be there. I hadn't signed up to help with the dogs as I'm not overly confident with them, cat are more my area! But I really want to help out, so I met the dogs, large and small, friendly and dogs with issues...bless! Took a couple out for a long walk and played fetch with a cute puppy called Frodo. Now I've had my induction I can go there any day between 9 and 5 and take any of the level one (easy, no issues) dogs for a walk and playtime, it's such a great set up!

After the induction I introduced myself to Katrina who's in charge of the cats and small animals and I signed up for the cat induction on Sunday the 5th. The cats and small animals are a little more involved, what with cleaning, feeding, grooming and one on one time to build confidence in the animals who are a little nervous around humans. I can't wait I'm really looking forward to helping out and they were so excited when they found out I was a photographer as they really would like me to take photos to help with re homing on their website.

So with under two weeks to go until this all starts I have drawn up a schedule and it is filling up nicely. I am really getting excited now, after only 3 hours at Hula on Sunday, I could really feel how life changing this experience is going to be!

0 comments:

Post a Comment